haii! im sugarfi, but you can call me isabelle (or izzy, or any of my other names). im a programmer and musician, and this is my website. it has links to a lot of stuff i've made, and things i find cool, and generally whatever i feel like putting on it. enjoy your stay and maybe sign my guestbook while you're here!
you are visitor #3463!
this page is best viewed on not mobile.
the picrew on the right side of this page can be found here.
music i make
i make ambient, noise, and experimental music under the moniker paperclip crown. you can find most of it on my bandcamp, as well as some releases (some as paperclip crown and some as a few aliases i won't bother to name but that you can find on your own if you really want to) on cat playground, before it got deleted and maybe some others scattered around the net. i try to make music thats interesting, both conceptually and concretely, and thats emotional and evokes vivid imagery in the mind of the listener. the daw i use is lmms, but a lot of my work is made outside of it, messing with various software and hardware. i use sox quite often. i also write my own little scripts to generate music sometimes, and i've made a few albums that way. i run the netlabel sea level records. i basically always have new music in the works, so stay tuned and maybe follow me on bandcamp if youre interested. there's also my radio station, where i stream albums i like and sometimes mixes.
if you arent content to see what music im listening to on the left side of this page (reload to update that, btw) you can check out this page for a different version of the same thing.
im interested in a lot of stuff, and chances are ill find most things interesting, but the things i do most often revolve around:
- programming, not the icky techbro kind, the fun hobbyist kind, i hate techbros and big tech and the tech sector with a burning passion (also crypto crypto sucks fuck crypto)
- music, of any kind
- generative music, be that programmatically made stuff or reich- and eno-style tape loop experiments. im not as interested in ai-generated music
- astrology, magick, chaos magick, thee temple ov psychick youth (and related stuff like psychick tv), and really anything occult in general
- anything anarchist or anti-capitalist
- queer stuff (also queer anarchy, see above)
other stuff ive made
while most of my creative output is music, i have done a couple other things. i have a little microblog over at b.sugarfi.dev. i post kinda frequently - its really just a dumping ground for whatever thoughts i have, mostly about music. i have a little script that sends you to a random archived geocities page. its nice to mess around with if youre really, really bored. theres also a bunch of issues of an old zine about the boston music scene that i converted to html and hosted over here, and some music i extracted from a cd of the game rise of nations gold over here. theres some visuals for a few of my ambient albums on my youtube channel. other than that, theres my git server that has any code on there i deemed good enough to release. oh, and over on truttlecities i have a fiction writing project that at this point ill probably never get around to updating. there's also some other stuff i've written, but as of right now it's not hosted anywhere - i'll try to get to that at some point.
music i like
i like a lot of music; i try to listen to a wide range of genres and artists, and to seek out obscure artists. because of this, im usually listening to different stuff week to week, if not day to day, so its tough to nail down my favorites per se, but ill try anyway. the genres im most into are ambient, noise (harsh noise, ambient noise, noise rock, industrial, experimental, etc.), indie rock, midwest emo, shoegaze, folk, lofi, hyperpop, electronica, breakcore, post rock, and really anything thats sad, angry, or gay, depending on my mood. a list of my favorite artists would be long and a pain to keep updated, so i will restrict myself to just a few of my favorite albums instead:
- bubblegone - somewhere between summer and winter one of my favorite ambient albums ive ever heard. where a lot of ambient sounds somewhat similar, layered synth pads and whatnot, this album presents a unique blend of field recordings, noise, and ambient that in my opinion is some of the most interesting and affecting stuff in the genre. bubblegone is a great artist in general and this album is his best imo. ive cried to these songs quite a few times. get it here
- herzog - first summer and the running dream as with somewhere between summer and winter, first summer and the running dream is an ambient album that i really appreciate because it doesnt sound the same as so much of the other ambient music out there. melancholic soundscapes that really reward repeated listening - you pick up something new every time. both these albums have been big influences on my work as a musician. get it here
- nekonomicon - nekonomicon this what really the first breakcore album i heard and it just blew me away. it starts off as an almost emotional piece with guitar riffs and beats and then the drop comes and it just goes crazy. the tracks flow together so nicely it must as well by one 6 minute long track rather than a full album. definitely worth a listen. get it here
- the get up kids - something to write home about this is one of my favorite emo albums and honestly just one of my favorites in general. every track is good, no skips, and theyll be stuck in your head for forever. dont have a bandcamp link or anything just pirate this one
- dylan brady - dog show i listened to this album for the first time not knowing what to expect and like nekonomicon i was blown away. the 2nd half especially is just so great: the guitar meshes really well with the hyperpop-style bass and vocals and the result is an album of songs that both absolutely bang and that despite their simple lyrics do seem to have deeper meanings. a big influence on some of the music im working on lately. get it here
names, pronouns, and other things
im unlabelled, i suppose. im transfeminine and nonbinary and gay and queer and i usually call myself whatever i feel like. you can call me isabelle, izzy, or cedar. my pronouns are she/her, they/them, and it/its but anything other than he/him is ok.
other cool websites
ill add more cool websites as i find them, maybe. if you wanna link to this website on your own page, here's a button for it:
if for whatever reason you want to get in touch with me, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, or message me on discord at usrbingirl#4431. i'm a minor, don't be weird.